Chicken & turkey breast, eggs & low-fat milk are excellent sources of vitamin B12 which is an important protein to maintain cognitive skills.
Deconstructed Turkey Dinner Salad
10 mins 10 mins 4
- 1 cup - cooked dark turkey meat
- 1/2 cup - turkey gravy
- 1/4 cup - cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup - red wine
- 2 - whole wheat dinner rolls
- 4 TBSP - extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP - apple cider vinegar
- 1 TSP - honey dijon mustard
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 This recipe is an excellent way to use leftover turkey meat, especially dark meat!
- 2 Pre-heat over to 325F.
- 3 Loosely tear dinner rolls into ½ inch pieces and line on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 5 – 8 minutes, tuning once, until warm and crisp. Turn the oven off, but leave the dinner rolls in the oven until ready to serve.
- 4 Pull leftover turkey meat apart so it’s in small pieces. In a medium sauté pan, warm turkey meat with a bit of leftover gravy (to make a quick braise) or, a bit of liquid (vegetable stock or water). Cook over medium heat until the liquid has absorbed into the meat. In a small pot, simmer cranberry sauce over medium high heat and add red wine to thin out the sauce.
- 5 Make the salad dressing by whisking olive oil, vinegar, honey Dijon and salt and pepper until fully combined. Set aside. On a plate, top arugula with a bit of turkey and homemade croutons, then drizzle with cranberry sauce. Serve immediately.