SUPERFOOD // CHICKPEAS:
There are numerous benefits of Chickpeas. Chickpeas (garbanzo beans) are one of the best sources of magnesium and choline, making them a premier brain boosting food. Magnesium helps speed up the transmission of messages between brain cells, it also helps relax the blood vessels which promotes blood flow to the brain. Choline helps with sleep, muscle movement, learning and memory. Try my recipe for Grilled Thin Crust Pizza with Hummus, Arugula, Sun-dried Tomato, Goat Cheese and Chickpeas.
Recipe by Rose Reisman
Grilled Thin Crust Pizza with Hummus, Arugula, Sun-dried Tomato, Goat Cheese and Chickpeas
- 1 12” long or round pizza crust
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup hummus (store bought or homemade)
- 1 ½ cups arugula
- 2 Tbsp chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 F. Brush 1 Tbsp olive oil over crust, and bake for 10 minutes or just until lightly browned.
- 2 Spread hummus over crust.
- 3 In a small bowl, combine arugula with other 1 Tbsp oil along with remaining ingredients. Scatter over pizza. Cut into 6 pieces and serve immediately.