Chicken & turkey breast, eggs & low-fat milk are excellent sources of vitamin B12, which is an important protein to maintain cognitive skills. Walnuts are filled with Omega-3 fatty acids, the good kind of fat your brain needs.
Cherry Chicken Salad Endive Scoops
30 mins 15 mins 4
- 2-4 - boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 TBSP - light mayo
- 1 TBSP - chopped mint
- 1/2 cup - dried cherries
- 1/2 cup - loosely chopped fresh basil
- 1 - head endive (5-6 leaves)
- 2 - celery stalks, chopped to 1/2 inch pieces
- Chopped walnuts
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill chicken breasts fully then allow to cool slightly (no longer than 30 minutes). This recipe also works well with leftover roast chicken.
- 2 Chop the cooled chicken and place in a bowl with walnuts, chopped celery, basil, mint, and dried cherries, then mix in the mayo. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and serve alongside endive leaves that have been washed and dried. Optionally, you can top endive scoops with a cherry or strawberry compote.