Turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory & antioxidant properties that are good for your brain.
- 8 - chicken breasts
- 2 - spring onions, sliced
- 1 - clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup - dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup - pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cup - mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup - cilantro, chopped
- 1 TBSP - lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 TBSP - orange juice
- 1/2 - medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 TSP - salt
- 1 1/4 TSP - ground cumin
- 1/4 TSP - cardamom
- 1/2 TSP - smoked paprika
- 1/4 TSP - turmeric
- 1/4 TSP - allspice
- 1 TSP - ground coriander
- 1/4 TSP - cinnamon
- 1 TSP - honey
- 1 TBSP - olive oil
- 1 To brine the chicken: Place 1/2 cup coarse sea salt and 4 TBSP coconut sugar into 4 cups hot water in a large glass baking dish and stir until salt and sugar has dissolved. Add 1 small onion (diced), 2 cloves crushed garlic, and the rind of one lemon and let the mixture cool. Pour in 4 cups cold water into the dish. Once liquid has completely cooled, place 8 chicken breasts into the water and cover the baking dish with saran wrap. Place in fridge for 4 hours.
- 2 After 4 hours, take the chicken breasts out and pat them dry using a towel to remove excess salt and water. Discard the liquid.
- 3 To cook the millet: In a large, dry saucepan, toast 3/4 cup of raw millet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until it turns a rich golden brown and the grains become fragrant. Be careful not to let them burn.
- 4 Add 1.5 cups of vegetable broth to the pan: Since the pan is hot, the water will sputter a bit when you pour it in. After adding water and salt, give the millet a good stir.
- 5 Bring to boil. Then simmer covered for 15 minutes. After millet sits to cool down, fluff it with a fork.
- 6 Preheat oven to 375 F. Take the chicken breasts and carefully slice them down the centre to form a slit for the stuffing. Put the stuffing inside and then prepare the spice rub with 4 TBSP of olive oil, 1/4 TSP cayenne, 1/4 TSP salt, 2 TSP of orange juice and 1/4 TSP smoked paprika to coat the top of the chicken breasts.
- 7 Whisk ingredients until the olive oil and orange juice have fully emulsified and lightly coat the top of the chicken breasts with the mixture. Place chicken with the stuffing and spice rub in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve warm.