Recipe by Rose Reisman
Poached Eggs with Cream Cheese and Smoked Salmon on English Muffins
5 mins 3 mins 4
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 whole wheat English muffins
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese (about 2 oz), softened
- 2 oz smoked salmon
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 Add the vinegar to a pot of water and bring to a boil. Gently crack the eggs and drop them carefully into the water. Simmer over low heat for about 3 minutes, or until the white of the egg solidifies around the yolk. Use a large slotted serving spoon to carefully remove the eggs and place them on a plate.
- 2 Meanwhile, slice and toast the English muffins. Spread them with the cream cheese and divide the smoked salmon equally among the 4 muffins. Top with a poached egg and garnish with the dill.