Almonds & walnuts are a good source of vitamin E which helps prevent cognitive decline as you age. Raw or toasted doesn’t matter.
- 2 cups - walnuts (used raw, organic)
- 2 cups - pitted dates (used medjool)
- 1/2 cup - raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup - carob powder (if you don’t have this, you could put another 1/4 cacao powder)
- 1/4 cup - unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup - almonds, chopped
- 1 TBSP - maple syrup
- 1 TBSP - coconut oil
- Sprinkling of salt
- 1 In food processor, pulse almonds until chopped, but not fully ground (these give the brownies some texture). Then, remove from food processor.
- 2 Pulse walnuts until nicely ground.
- 3 Add the coconut flakes, salt, cacao/carob powders and continue to mix.
- 4 Add the dates (not all at once) while the food processor is on (I dropped through the top opening one at a time).
- 5 Add in the maple syrup and coconut oil.
- 6 Add back in almonds and pulse just enough to mix.
- 7 Place in 8x8 baking tin (lined with parchment paper or coconut oil) and press down so they won’t fall apart.
- 8 Place in freezer for 30 minutes to set.