SUPERFOOD // BRUSSELS SPROUTS:
Brussel sprouts are a good source for tryptophan and essential omega fatty acids critical to healthy brain functioning. They also maintain the balance of electrolytes that help in transmitting signals from the brain and optimizing brain functioning as well.
Recipe by Rose Reisman
Roasted Brussels Sprout Salad with Apricots and Toasted Almonds
10 mins 15 mins 169 6
- 1 1/2 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 10 dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced, blanched almonds, toasted
- 1 Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- 2 Place the Brussels sprouts on the prepared baking sheet, spray lightly with vegetable oil and roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or just until tender and browned.
- 3 Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the orange zest and juice, oil, mustard, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- 4 Transfer the roasted Brussels sprouts to a serving dish. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Sprinkle with apricots and toasted almonds. Serve.