SURPERFOOD // EGGS:
“This dish combines two of my favourite ingredients; eggs and tomatoes in a heavenly one pot meal.”
Recipe by Roger Mooking Courtesy of SUNSET®
“Shakshuka” Eggs in Hell
- Spicy Tomato Sauce // 6 cups Campari® tomatoes, chopped
- Spicy Tomato Sauce // 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- Spicy Tomato Sauce // 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- Spicy Tomato Sauce // 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Spicy Tomato Sauce // 1 tsp kosher salt
- Eggs in Hell // 8 eggs
- Eggs in Hell // 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Eggs in Hell // 1/2 cup Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Eggs in Hell // Kosher salt
- Eggs in Hell // Freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1 In a medium non-stick pan over medium heat, add tomatoes. Once the tomatoes start to simmer, stir in butter, hot smoked paprika, chili powder and salt. Set aside.
- 2 *The following is best done in individual portions, so should be repeated 4 times for 4 portions.
- 3 In a small cast iron or non-stick pan, bring 1/4 (about 1 cup) of prepared spicy tomato sauce to a low simmer. Add 2 eggs, reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked and the tomatoes are simmered down. Garnish with 1/4 of the cheese and cilantro. Finish with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with grilled crusty bread.