Spinach is packed with antioxidants which can block the effects of free radicals — toxins produced by the body that damage cells and is linked to mental decline.
- 1/2 cup - uncooked quinoa
- 14 oz - can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 2 cups - arugula, chopped
- 1 cup - spinach, chopped
- 1 - red pepper
- 3 - stalks celery
- 1/2 - cucumber, chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves
- 3 TBSP - olive oil
- 1 - lemon, squeezed
- 1/8 – 1/4 TSP - pepper, herbamare or sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- 2 Chop all vegetables and place in bowl.
- 3 Drain and rinse chickpeas and add to the bowl.
- 4 Pour dressing over top and mix well.