Spinach is rich in vitamins A and K, folic acid and iron, and is packed with at least 15 different antioxidant compounds known as flavonoids, which have been shown to inhibit the formation of the beta-amyloid plaques that build up in those with Alzheimer’s disease.
Spinach Salad with Tuna, Radishes and Cara Cara Oranges
20 mins 2 mins 6
- 1 1/2 lbs - baby spinach
- 10 leaves - raddichio
- 3 sprigs - oregano
- 4 - heirloom radiches, sliced thin
- 2 - cans quality tuna packed in olive oil
- 2 - cara cara oranges, cut into segments
- 2 TBSP - chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup - red wine vinaigrette
- Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup - extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup - red wine vinegar
- 1 Combine all ingredients and toss with vinaigrette. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.