This dish by celebrity Chef Mark McEwan is loaded with superfoods like spinach and tuna.
Spinach is rich in vitamins A and K, folic acid and iron, and is packed with at least 15 different antioxidant compounds known as flavonoids. Flavonoids have been shown to inhibit the formation of the beta-amyloid plaques that build up in those with Alzheimer’s disease.
According to Psychology Today, tuna may also help with brain health! A team of California researchers has found that a diet rich in fatty oils from cold-water fish such as tuna can halt the progression of dementia, including those who may be genetically predisposed to Alzheimer’s disease.
- 1 1/2 lbs - baby spinach
- 10 leaves - raddichio
- 3 sprigs - oregano
- 4 - heirloom radiches, sliced thin
- 2 - cans quality tuna packed in olive oil
- 2 - cara cara oranges, cut into segments
- 2 TBSP - chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup - red wine vinaigrette
- Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup - extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup - red wine vinegar
- 1 Combine all ingredients and toss with vinaigrette. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.