SURPERFOOD // RED PEPPER:
“Ribeye is my favourite cut of steak and with my job that’s says a lot! This recipe is fool proof and topped off with the sweetest peppers.”
- 4 8oz Ribeye steaks, centre cut, tied
- 1 Tbsp cracked black peppercorn
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil, torn
- 2 Cup fresh fennel, sliced
- 2 Cup Sweet Twister™ peppers, sliced into rings
- 2 Tbsp garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp 1″ long chopped fresh chives
- 1 Preheat cast iron skillet over high heat. Season the steaks on both sides with cracked black peppercorn and salt. Reduce heat to medium, and sear steaks for 4 minutes. Flip and cook until desired doneness.
- 2 Preheat a pan to medium heat and add olive oil. Add basil to hot pan, followed by fennel. Add salt and toss so the basil is on top. Sauté for 1 minute, then add garlic and sauté for another minute. Add Sweet Twister™ pepper rings and toss, keeping basil on top to prevent from burning. Sauté until peppers and fennel are slightly softened but still a bit crunchy. Divide fennel pepper mixture into four portions. Serve steaks with fennel pepper mixture and chives on top.