Halibut is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which promote healthy brain function and fight inflammation.
- 1.75 lbs - white fish
- 2 TBSP - coconut oil
- 2 - large onions
- 4 - carrots
- 3 - stalks celery
- 4 - tomatoes
- 2 - bell peppers
- 5 - cloves garlic
- 2 TBSP - coconut milk
- 2 TSP - dried parsley (or 2 TBSP fresh)
- 2 TSP - dried dill (or 2 TBSP fresh)
- 2 TSP - dried basil (or 2 TBSP fresh)
- 1 TSP - herbamare
- 1 Cut fish into smallish pieces, about 2x2 inches. Place on plate and season with salt & pepper.
- 2 Chop all vegetables.
- 3 Preheat oven to 350F.
- 4 Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a pan.
- 5 Add onions and sauté until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- 6 Add the carrots, celery, tomatoes, bell peppers and garlic in and continue to cook another 10 minutes or so. The vegetables should be about 3/4 cooked, but not fully cooked.
- 7 Remove from heat and add in the herbs.
- 8 In a baking dish, spread the vegetables in a layer on the bottom.
- 9 Add fish on top, and cover with another layer of vegetables.
- 10 Spread the coconut milk over the top.
- 11 Cover the dish and bake for 35-45 minutes at 350F. You just want to make sure the vegetables are cooked.