Rich in lycopene, an antioxidant found to protect against free radical damage that contributes to the development of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Tomatoes ability to combat free radical damage contributes to optimal cognitive function, boosting memory, concentration and thinking ability
- 4 - tomato (finely diced)
- 3 - garlic (cloves, minced)
- 2 TBSP - extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup - basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 TBSP - balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup - feta cheese (crumbled)
- Sea salt & black pepper (to taste)
- 4 - brown rice tortillas
- 4 oz - chicken breast (cooked and diced)
- 1 Preheat oven to 410. Add the tomatoes, garlic, basil, vinegar, olive oil, feta, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Toss well and let sit for 15 minutes to marinate.
- 2 Spread the mixture over the brown rice tortillas using a slotted spoon to drain the excess liquid (too much liquid will make the tortilla soggy). Top with cooked, diced chicken breast (optional). Place on a piece of foil and bake for 14 minutes.
- 3 Remove from oven. Run a lifter between the foil and tortilla to detach any parts that might have become stuck while baking. Slide onto a plate and slice with a pizza cutter. Enjoy!