SURPERFOOD // CINNAMON:
“Hot Chocolate made from scratch is just better! I love the flavours of the fresh vanilla pods, cinnamon and cloves. And that chili gives it just the right kick.“
Recipe by Roger Mooking
Chili Hot Chocolate
- Chili Hot Chocolate
- 7 cup 2% milk (or milk of choice: Almond, Cashew, Coconut)
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds removed and reserved
- 1 long red chili pepper, split
- 1 Tbsp chili flakes
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 12 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- pinch salt
- Whipped cream
- 1 Heat milk in a large pot over medium to low heat.
- 2 Add vanilla seeds, vanilla pod, chili, chili flakes, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- 3 Stir mixture with a wooden spoon scraping bottom and sides of pot ensuring milk does not burn.
- 4 Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5 Strain milk into another large pot and warm over medium to low heat.
- 6 Once milk mixture is hot, add chocolate in batches to pot, whisking to incorporate.
- 7 Season with a pinch of salt.
- 8 Ladle Chili Hot Chocolate into 4 large mugs.
- 9 Dollop whipping cream over Chili Hot Chocolate.
- 10 Garnish