Lentils provide a steady stream of glucose to your brain, the only fuel your brain can use. The high fiber content in lentils regulates the release of the glucose to keep your brain in optimal shape.
Easy Lentil Salad
2 mins 8
- 1/3 cup - red wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP - olive oil
- 2 TSP - dijon mustard
- 1/2 TSP - coarse sea salt
- 2 - cans (19 oz/540 ml each) lentils, drained and rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups - chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/5 cups - diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup - finely sliced green onion
- 1 In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, mustard and salt.
- 2 In a large serving bowl, combine lentils, bell pepper, cucumber and green onion.
- 3 Drizzle with dressing; stir to combine
- 4 Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve cold.