Foods rich in vitamin E, like avocado, which is also high in vitamin C, are associated with a lower risk of developing Alzheimer’s.
- 1 cup - quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups - water or broth
- 2 - tablespoons butter
- 2 cups - corn (about 3 ears)
- 1 - large avocado, diced
- 1 - jalapeno, optionally seeded and finely diced
- 3 TBSP - mayonnaise(or Greek Yogurt or oil)
- 2 TBSP - lime juice (~1 lime)
- 1/4 cup - cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup - cotija (or queso fresco or feta), crumbled
- 2 - green onions, sliced
- Salt, pepper and chili powder to taste
- 1 Bring the water and quinoa to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed the water, about 15 minutes, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes, covered.
- 2 Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, mix it up and let it char again, about 10-14 minutes.
- 3 Mix everything and serve warm or at room temperature.