96% of iceberg lettuce is water, making it one of the top hydrating vegetables. Staying hydrated, promotes circulation, helping nutrients and oxygen (through the blood) get to the brain improving mental focus and concentration.
2 mins 1
- 2 tightly packed cups spinach
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cold filtered water
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 1 medium pear, cored and chopped
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- Optional: 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro and/or parsley
- 1 Combine the spinach, romaine and water in a blender and begin processing on low. Gradually move to higher speeds and blend until smooth.
- 2 Next, add the celery, apple, and pear, and the cilantro and parsley (if using).
- 3 Lastly, add the banana, hemp hearts and lemon juice, and blend until smooth.
- 4 Serve at once or refrigerate, covered, for up to 2½- 3 days.