Avocados are an excellent source of good fatty acids and omega 3.
- 1 - good sized, ripe mango
- 2 - ripe, medium sized avocados
- 1 - jalapeno
- 1/4 cup - of finely diced red onion, sauteed
- 2 TBSP - sunflower oil
- 2 TBSP - balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBSP - lemon juice
- A good pinch of sea salt
- 1 TSP - freshly ground black peeper
- A pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- 1 In a small pot, add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, and stir constantly over medium heat until the liquid reduces by half. The heat and sugar will thicken the vinegar to a glaze. Let cool and set aside.
- 2 Wash and dry Boston lettuce well and lay out on the bottom of a large white serving dish.
- 3 Peel and thinly slice avocados. Avocado slices should be no thicker than ¼ inch. Slice unpeeled cucumber on a diagonal, about ½ inch thick. Layer avocado and cucumber in alternating rows on top of the Boston lettuce.
- 4 Sprinkle smoked paprika liberally across the cucumber and avocado, in a straight row. Top salad with salt and pepper, then chopped hazelnuts, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar to serve.