Plums contain a unique antioxidant that help prevent oxygen-based damage to fats, such as the fats that comprise a substantial portion of our brain cells or neurons.
- 2 - medium ripe avocados
- 5 - medium ripe black plums
- 1 cup - chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 - garlic clove
- 1 - medium lemon
- 1 - dried red chili pepper
- 1/4 — 1/2 cup - olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 Peel the black plums and cut into cubes.
- 2 Peel the avocado and cut into cubes.
- 3 Gently place the black plum and avocado chunks into a dish. Squeeze with lemon and sprinkle in a couple pinches of sea salt. Do not mix.
- 4 In a mortar and pestle, smash up the garlic clove with a little salt. Add the red chili pepper and continue crushing (should still be in big messy chunks). Add the cilantro and continue to mash until the ingredients are combined. Drizzle in the olive oil (1/4 to 1/2 cup) to make the dressing, mashing well.
- 5 Drizzle the dressing with a spoon over the plums and avocado. Salt to taste.
- 6 Let the salad sit for 5 to 10 minutes to soak in a bit and then enjoy!