Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are one of the best sources of magnesium, a miracle mineral integral to brain health, making it a premier brain boosting food. Magnesium helps speed up the transmission of messages between brain cells, it also helps relax the blood vessels which promotes blood flow to the brain to help with memory, focus and concentration.
Refreshing Spiced Chickpea Salad
10 mins 2
- 1/2 - small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup - ripe red & yellow tomatoes, halved
- 1 - can Eden Organics chickpeas
- Handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup - sheep feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 TBSP - apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP - extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP - maple syrup
- 1/2 - fresh red chilli pepper, diced
- To taste: Sea salt & black pepper
- 1 Place olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and red chili pepper in a bowl and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined, set aside.
- 2 In a large mixing bowl, add chickpeas, tomatoes, onion, feta cheese and mix well.
- 3 Pour dressing onto mixed salad and add chopped mint.
- 4 Mix well until chickpea salad is covered with dressing.
- 5 Allow to marinate for a little while and serve at room temperature.