Rainbow Trout is an excellent source of B-complex vitamins, including B6. B6 helps the body make several chemicals that help one brain cell communicate with another brain cell called neurotransmitters. The neurotransmitters in production are serotonin and norepinephrine, which can also influence your mood and the body’s internal clock.
Smoked Rainbow Trout Pate
10 mins 4-6
- 1 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 fillet whole smoked trout (skinned and deboned) from sustainable source
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 small bunch of chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dill, roughly chopped
- 1 Flake the fish meat roughly until there are no large chunks left.
- 2 Place the remaining ingredients except the herbs in a food processor and work until smooth.
- 3 Check for seasonings and maybe add a little more lemon or lime juice.
- 4 Add the herbs and pulse briefly.
- 5 Spoon on top of a cracker & sliced cucumber, top with fresh sprouts and enjoy as an afternoon snack or appetizer