Spinach is high in lutein, an important natural antioxidant that supports brain health as we age.
- 1/2 lb - baby spinach
- 1/4 cup - shaved pecorino romano
- 1/4 cup - toasted pecans
- 1/8 cup - pickled red onions
- 4 TBSP - unsalted butter
- 1 TSP - dijon mustard
- 1 TSP - honey
- 1 TBSP - balsamic vinegar
- 1 In a large bowl, toss the spinach with the cheese, pecans, and pickled onion.
- 2 Heat the butter in a small saucepan or skillet over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, begin whisking and continue cooking until it becomes light brown and smells nutty, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the mustard, honey, and vinegar until emulsified.
- 3 Drizzle the warm dressing over the salad, toss to combine, and serve immediately.