SUPERFOOD // CINNAMON:
“Tropical Tamarind pods are deliciously complex in flavour and often used in both savoury and sweet dishes throughout Asia, India, the Caribbean and the world. Feel free to replace the sugar in this recipe with an alternative sweetener of your choosing.“
Recipe by Roger Mooking
- 6 cup water
- 1 cup sugar (Substitute: Agave or Honey)
- 1 7 oz package tamarind paste
- 1 whole star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Place all ingredients in a pot.
- 2 Bring to a boil, simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3 Remove from heat.
- 4 Strain liquid into a pitcher and refrigerate.
- 5 Once cooled, divide between four chilled tumbler glasses.