Nutritional yeast is rich in Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate and often Vitamin B12. These are all B vitamins that work as a complex, essentially providing you with energy and helping you to maintain proper brain function
- 3-4 TBSP - Avocado oil, or enough to coat the bottom of the pan (any high heat oil will do -- coconut oil, grapeseed oil, etc)
- 1/2 cup - organic popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup - nutritional yeast, or more*/less to taste
- 1-2 TSP - salt, to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 Add oil to a large metal stockpot over medium-high heat.
- 2 Place 3-4 individual kernels in the pan and cover. Once they pop, uncover the pan and add in the rest of the kernels so that they form a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Cover, and give the pot a shake so that they all get coated with the oil.
- 3 Once the popcorn kernels start popping furiously, give the pot a good shake every 15 seconds or so to help the un-popped kernels fall to the bottom, which prevents burning.
- 4 When the popping dies down, immediately pour the popcorn it into a large mixing bowl (one that has a lid, like tupperware), and sprinkle with nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
- 5 Cover, and give it a good shake to combine.