SUPERFOOD // CAULIFLOWER:
Cauliflower is a member of the cruciferous family of vegetables, often overshadowed by its green cousin broccoli. This brain-looking vegetable is a good source of choline, a B vitamin known for its role in brain development. Vitamins in cauliflower may boost cognitive function and improve learning and memory. It may even diminish age-related memory decline!
Recipe by Rose Reisman
Asian Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Peanut Dressing
15 mins 6
- 6 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 6 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- ¼ cup chunky peanut butter
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped peanuts or cashews
- 1 Steam or boil broccoli and cauliflower just until fork tender. Add edamame during the last minute. Immediately rinse with cold water until no longer warm. Place in serving bowl.
- 2 In small food processor, puree peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger, hot sauce, water and salt. Pour over vegetables. Garnish with sesame seeds and nuts.