SUPERFOOD // BROCCOLI:
Considered one of the most nutritious vegetables around, broccoli is packed with numerous vitamins and minerals to help fight cancer, build strong bones, and lower cholesterol. This superfood is loaded with fiber, antioxidants to fight cancer, and vitamin C to aid in iron absorption. While broccoli doesn’t provide as much calcium as a glass of milk, it is a great source of calcium to help control blood pressure and build strong bones. This Asian Broccoli Salad is quick, easy, flavourful and healthy. Fantastic addition to any meal.
Recipe by Rose Reisman
- 6 cups chopped broccoli (florets and stems)
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 ½ cups shelled edamame
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce (Dressing)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (Dressing)
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (Dressing)
- 1½ tsp minced garlic (Dressing)
- 1 tsp chopped ginger (Dressing)
- 1½ tsp honey (Dressing)
- ½ tsp hot sauce (Dressing)
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews (Garnish)
- 1 Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and mix.
- 2 Dressing: combine all dressing ingredients and mix well. Pour over top of vegetables and toss. Garnish with cashews. Serve.