Memory Morsel: Avocados are an excellent source of good fatty acids and omega 3.
Avocado, Cucumber, Hazelnut with Paprika
15 mins 10 mins 4-6
- 2 - medium ripe avocados
- 1 - cucumber
- 1/2 cup - unsalted hazelnuts
- 1 TBSP - smoked paprika
- 1 - head Boston lettuce
- 1 cup - balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP - brown or raw sugar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 In a small pot, add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, and stir constantly over medium heat until the liquid reduces by half. The heat and sugar will thicken the vinegar to a glaze. Let cool and set aside.
- 2 Wash and dry Boston lettuce well and lay out on the bottom of a large white serving dish.
- 3 Peel and thinly slice avocados. Avocado slices should be no thicker than ¼ inch. Slice unpeeled cucumber on a diagonal, about ½ inch thick. Layer avocado and cucumber in alternating rows on top of the Boston lettuce.
- 4 Sprinkle smoked paprika liberally across the cucumber and avocado, in a straight row. Top salad with salt and pepper, then chopped hazelnuts, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar to serve.