SUPERFOOD // RASPBERRY:
The combination and texture of the raspberries, baby kale, sweet squash, and pomegranate seeds make my Baby Kale, Butternut Squash and Pomegranate Salad an exceptional salad not only in taste and appearance but in health benefits. Raspberries also add a pop of vibrant colour to any plate!
Raspberries are delicious and healthy and packed with antioxidants. Folate has been known to reduce the occurrence of Alzheimer’s disease and cognitive decline. While potassium has been linked to increased blood flow to the brain enhancing cognition, improving concentration, and increasing neural activity.
Recipe by Rose Reisman
- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- 8 cups baby kale or spinach
- 1/3 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice (Dressing)
- 2 ½ Tbsp olive oil (Dressing)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (Dressing)
- 2 tsp honey (Dressing)
- 1 Boil squash for 5 minutes just until tender. Drain.
- 2 Place kale on serving plate and add apricots, pomegranate seeds, berries and cooled squash.
- 3 Combine pomegranate juice, oil, vinegar and honey in small bowl. Add to salad and mix.