Sweet potatoes are a “smart” carbohydrate that causes a gradual increase in serotonin, are high in Vitamin C and fiber and don’t raise blood sugar/ insulin as quickly as white potatoes.
- 3 - medium sized sweet potatoes
- 2 TBSP - fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 TBSP - fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 TBSP - grape seed or sunflower oil
- 2 TBSP - light mayo
- 2 TBSP - grainy mustard
- 1 TSP - lemon juice
- 1 TSP - paprika
- A good pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
- 2 Slice sweet potatoes into ½ inch rounds. Season with salt/pepper rosemary and thyme, and place on lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake for 40-50 minutes, turning once, until sweet potatoes have darkened slightly and are crispy around the edges.
- 3 To make the aioli, combine mayo, mustard, lemon juice and paprika in a glass or non-reactive metal bowl. Let all ingredients rest and combine for at least 15 minutes before serving.