SURPERFOOD // WALNUTS:
“I’m a lover of Rapini and in many ways and this is one of my ultimate favourite ways to cook it. And it’s simple too which helps around my busy household.“
Recipe by Roger Mooking from Everyday Exotic: The Cookbook
Charred Rapini with Walnuts
- Chili Honey
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp white wine
- Charred Rapini
- 1 bunch rapini, bottoms removed blanched in salted water and roughly chopped
- 2 cup cipollini onions, cooked in boiling water until tender and peeled
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 Chili Honey
- 2 Place honey in a small pot over low heat, once honey achieves a thin consistency, add chili flakes, stir and remove from heat.
- 3 Add white wine and set aside.
- 4 Charred Rapini
- 5 Preheat Grill.
- 6 In a bowl, lightly toss, rapini, cipollini onions, olive oil and garlic.
- 7 Place rapini and onions on grill, turning over to ensure all sides are charred.
- 8 Remove from grill, place in serving dish, garnish with toasted walnuts and drizzle Chili Honey.