Avocados contribute to healthy blood flow to the brain and lowers blood pressure, a known risk factor for cognitive decline.
- 1/2 - large head of red cabbage
- 6 - carrots
- 1/2 - cup cilantro
- 2 - medium avocados
- 1 - lemon, juiced
- 1/2 - cup olive oil
- 1/2 - cup water
- 2 - cloves garlic
- 2 TSP - honey
- 2 TSP - parsley (I used dried, but could use fresh)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cayenne to taste
- 1 If you have a food processor, grate the cabbage and carrots in it. If you don’t, roughly chop the cabbage, and grate the carrots by hand.
- 2 Chop the cilantro and mix all together.
- 3 Add all dressing ingredients into a food processor, except the olive oil and water.
- 4 While the food processor is running, drizzle in oil and water and mix well.
- 5 Cover salad in dressing – note that depending how creamy you want it, you may have leftover dressing.