Garlic’s anti-inflammatory properties help with blood flow to the brain, necessary for cognitive functioning.
- 8-10 - small patty pans or summer squash
- 3 - cloves fresh garlic, sliced
- 1 TBSP - sunflower oil
- 1 TBSP - smoked paprika
- 1 - handful freshly chopped basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 375F.
- 2 Slice patty pans in half and lay cut side down in a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Thinly slice garlic and spring over the patty pans. Mix in about 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil and 1 tablespoon sunflower oil, then top with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir and flip each piece over. Bake for an additional 5 – 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and the garlic is golden brown. Serve warm.