A diet high in blueberries, strawberries and others were linked to a slower mental decline in areas like memory and focus in a large sample of middle-aged women.
- 2 TBSP - apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP - olive oil
- 1 TBSP - lemon juice
- 1 TBSP - raw honey
- 1 TBSP - seeded mustard or dijon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup - uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups - shredded kale
- 1 cup - cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup - blueberries
- 1 - large sweet potato
- 1/4 - cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 - cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 - small block of goat cheese
- 1 Cook quinoa according to the package instructions.
- 2 Preheat the oven to 425. Peel and chop 3 small or 1 large sweet potatoes and drizzle very lightly with a bit of cooking oil and some salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes or until fully cooked.
- 3 Next, pull the leaves off the stem of the kale. Chop into bite size pieces so that you have about 2 cups and add to a bowl.
- 4 Drizzle some olive oil and sea salt on the kale and massage in with your fingers.
- 5 Add the remaining salad ingredients to the bowl and mix.
- 6 Whisk together dressing and pour over salad. It can be dressed in advance.