Vitamin B5 is found in mushrooms and counteracts the negative effects of stress.
Warm Chanterelle Salad with Pea Shoots & Crispy Shallots
10 mins 15 mins 4-6
- 3 1/2 cups - chanterelles or oyster mushrooms, served whole
- 1/4 cup - loosely chopped thyme
- 1 TSP - chopped rosemary
- 2 - shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup - whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup - finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 TBSP - butter or Earth Balance blend
- 2 TBSP - grainy mustard (or Dijon)
- 1/2 cup - red wine (cabernet or shiraz works well)
- 2 cups - pea shoots
- 2 cups - sunflower sprouts or arugula
- 1 TBSP - extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP - lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF.
- 2 Finely slice shallots and sauté on medium heat until golden brown and slightly crispy (4 minutes) in a lightly oiled oven safe pan, then remove and set aside.
- 3 Add a good knob of butter to the pan, then add chanterelles whole, and sauté at a medium high heat for 5 minutes. Once the mushrooms have softened, add the thyme, rosemary, and mustard and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes. Then add the red wine and reduce the liquid until it’s almost dry. Add breadcrumbs and Parmigiano-Reggiano, and place the pan in the oven for 5 minutes to crisp mushrooms.
- 4 Serve immediately over olive oil and lemon juice dressed greens.