What Is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a golden yellow spice from the root of an herb plant native to India and S.E Asia. This spice is a central ingredient in many curries, providing a vibrant pop of colour.
Turmeric has an earthy and bitter flavour profile with a hint of peppery spice. However turmeric is more versatile than you think and can be added sparingly to a dish, or more generously for a hit of flavour and health benefit!
Check out 8 different ways to incorporate turmeric into your culinary routine:
2. Rice, Quinoa and Couscous
3. Baked goods such as Muffins, Loaves of Bread, Cakes, Granola
4. Salad Dressings, Marinades and Pastes
5. Scrambled Eggs, Frittata or sprinkled on top of Hard Boiled Eggs
7. Warm drinks such as Teas, Lattes or Golden Milk